As an Amazon Associate, Modded gets commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
Are you looking to add some new excitement to your life? You could head to the pub after work again, but let’s face it — hangovers lose their charm after a while. Plus, they wreck your chances of developing six-pack abs.
If you’re a guy seeking a new hobby, check out the 20 ideas below. You may find your latest and best obsession!
Hobbies for Getting in Shape
Did you forget about your new year’s resolution to get in shape? If you genuinely want to get ripped, who said you have to wait until January 1 to get started? Do it now with these hobbies:
- Running or walking: If you need to drop a few extra pounds, running and walking can get the job done quickly. You’ll need to improve your diet, too, but these cardiovascular activities blast a significant number of calories. That means you can still enjoy a once-a-week indulgence.
- Biking: Biking is both an ideal fitness activity and an eco-friendly mode of transportation. If you don’t want to don bike shorts for each workout, remember that you can ride your bike to the store when you need a few groceries, too.
- Weight training: Many guys adore weight training to sculpt those biceps so that they can show off their guns on date night.
- Crossfit: If you’re looking to make a substantial lifestyle change, check out Crossfit. This program combines physical fitness with dietary changes and a thriving support community to help you reach your goals.
- Yoga: If you have chronic pain, yoga can help significantly. Even if you feel healthy, flexibility training protects your joints, especially as you age.
Hobbies for the Outdoorsman
Do you live to go outside every opportunity that you get? If you could give Grizzly Adams a run for his money, try these hobbies:
- Hunting: If you’re a carnivore, that meat on your table didn’t grow on a tree. Why not elevate your paleo diet to an authentic caveman experience by bringing home the venison to your table — using modern weapons, of course?
- Shooting: Maybe you adore marksmanship but you’re not interested in bagging Bambi’s mom. Well, Andy, get your gun and head to the rifle range!
- Archery: This ancient weapon requires significant skill. Once you master one type of bow, you can move on to the other model.
- Hiking: Getting out into nature boosts your mood, and hiking improves your cardiovascular fitness.
- Camping: Sometimes, this continually connected world gets overwhelming. You can leave your devices at home and head to the forest.
Hobbies for the Refined Gent
If you can’t get enough of the finer things in life, consider one of these hobbies:
- Golf: Before you hit the links, make sure to learn the rules of this time-honored sport.
- Billiards: Go beyond the dive bar pool table and learn how to play different variations of this game.
- Scotch: If you enjoy a nip now and then, why not learn about the fascinating history of this liquid gold and impress your friends with your knowledge?
- Baccarat: Do you frequent the casino scene? If you’re a high roller, you can head to the elite baccarat room.
- Cigars: You don’t even have to inhale if you’re concerned about your lung capacity. You can puff on a stogie to enjoy the flavor.
Hobbies for Hanging With the Guys
Sometimes you just want to kick back with the fellas. Try these activities to keep yourself from overindulging too much in beer and peanuts:
- Bowling: You can join a league if you’re looking to expand your social circle.
- Darts: This lets you indulge in friendly competition at the pub instead of merely downing brewskis and burgers.
- Fantasy sports: Build the ultimate baseball or football team and see how you stack up against your buddies.
- Video games: Sometimes it’s too miserable outside to head down to the corner bar to meet up, but you can connect in the virtual world. Who said getting together with the guys had to mean putting on pants?
- Geocaching: Geocaching allows you to hunt for real-life hidden treasure using GPS equipment. You’ll get out in the fresh air and sunshine while you exchange goods of equal or greater value to keep the game going.
Feeling Bored? These Are the Best Hobbies for Guys
If you’re feeling bored, only you can change that dynamic. Try on one of these hobbies for size today!